background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

All about Mike...


Hi Mikey; mommy's best friend.

I wanted to start out our new blog by catching up on who you are and what you are like... you know, like the preface in a book.

You are a wonderful 3 1/2 years old. You, at three has been my favorite year yet! I hate to tell you this, but you are a mama's boy. I love and encourage every minute of it. We are two peas in a pod, bffs, and soul mates.

First off, you look just like your daddy and ya, know I love that. When dad came home from being in Afghanistan for 15 months and we were pregnant with you... I would lay next him and watch him sleep- so grateful to be breathing the same air. Every night, I would pray that you would look just like him and when you came out daddy's first words were, "Oh Kristy, he looks just like me!" and ya still do. I will say that you seem to be a tad small for your age, but you have big feet and long legs to grow into. You eat like no kid I have ever known and you eat it all... veggies, meat, fruit, sweets, even couscous!

You are such a lover, Mike. It makes me feel so good when you randomly hug me and kiss me. You tell me "Mama I LUV you so much" and you even tell me I am pretty. You have a big, big heart and are not afraid to show it. Cuddling and snuggling with you at night and in the morning is one for our favorite things to with you. Some daddy and mommy tease each other and fight over who gets to cuddle first!

Funny, smart, and easy going would all be good words to describe you. As we say. "He is so good natured!" All of your teachers have adored you and you have never met a stranger- although you can be shy around pretty girls.

One of your newest traits is being helpful. You help me switch out the laundry, cook, and fetch diapers for sister, you feel so proud and happy. We are working on cleaning up your room, but since we are living at Grandma right now- it is hard to do!

Some of your current interests are... boats, castles, and coloring. You have been pretty into trains, dinosaurs, and dump trucks for awhile. You are also in a soccer class and call yourself "soccer boy" I have no clue how you came up with that super hero identity, but I like it. You like small things and are getting good at pretending an drole playing. If anyone ever asks you what you want to do your answer would be "watch a movie" Scobby Doo is at the top of your list! If we ask who you want do it with... "Jolene, Reese, Annie, and Pops" Of course you also adore your Lala and Grandma! If a grandmothers love was gold... you son, would be the wealthiest kid in the whole universe. Man, are those ladies crazy about you!

I could go on and on for days about all of your redeeming traits, but bar far my favorite is how you play the role of big brother to Adelyn. From the day you met her in the hospital you have loved her. You are gentle and sweet to her. You are also very protective of her and have been in a few shoving matching over her... most with Rhiannon who also adores her and calls her 'hers' but even with kids at play dates and parks, who knock her down or try to talk to her. I hope to capture more stories about your love for your little sister in the weeks to come and I pray that you will always be a dear brother to her.

Something I hope you always will know is how loved you are... daddy and I both feel like sometimes our hearts will explode when we watch you. You amaze us and are the very best part of us! We always joke we owe it to the world to make more babies because you are such a gift!

143, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment